This and that: Fill the Cookie Jar with Shamrock Pretzel Twists

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Fill the Cookie Jar with Shamrock Pretzel Twists

I have to apologize as I didn't get any cookies made for this month's Fill the Cookie Jar.  I had so many ideas to do but before I knew it the day came up and I didn't anything done.
Well, I am not going to say I didn't make anything.  I did but these cookies didn't take any work.  I found this idea over on pinterest and thought it was cute...


Shamrock Pretzel Twists

For each twist you need 3 pretzels, 1 Hersey kiss or Andres Mint and 1 green M&M


Arrange the 3 pretzels into a Shamrock or Clover Pattern.


Add Hershey Kiss to the middle.  Microwave in 15 second interval until the kiss is soft. 
I did 4 cookies at a time and it took approximately 1 minute to get soft.  
I did press the kiss down onto the pretzels slightly each time I checked them.

 

When kiss is soft enough, press down M&M into center of kiss, holding the pretzels together.
(this isn't so easy when you are holding a camera)


On Pinterest they also used a straight pretzel and placed it in the soft kiss under the M&M.
I also used a Andres Mint that I placed in the center of the shamrock.


Fill the Cookie Jar is a facebook group that was started by Cynthia of Feeding Big.  We are given a theme for the month's cookies.  As you can see this month's theme is St Patrick's Day or Green.  You can decide to join each month.  For more information click on the button below.









Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Enhanced by Zemanta

7 comments :

  1. What a cute and quick idea....perfect for a St. Patrick's Day Party....Thanks for sharing with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marlys these are the cutest, the boys would love having these for a snack. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea! My daughter would love making these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so adorable Marlys. Very creative and fun for kids to make too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! I love that you brought some salty pretzels into the mix!

    ReplyDelete
  6. G'day! How cute Marlys!
    Cheers! Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marlys, I'm sorry I'm so slow getting over here to see your cute Shamrock Pretzels! My husband has been in ICU for the past week, so I am running behind. Since he's doing better, I am having fun catching up on all the delicious stuff I've missed! :) These are adorable, and I want to make them with my grandson! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.