This and that: Smoothies

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Smoothies


We start most of our mornings off with a smoothie.  It is a quick breakfast that I can make for my hubby as he leaves out the door for class.  Full of fruits and yumminess.  I make mine different every morning depending on what fruit I put in.  I love a mixture of fruit and depending on my mood and what I have on hand I use strawberries, raspberries, peaches, mangoes and bananas.  I always throw my fruit that is getting soft into the freezer, just for this purpose.


  

Fruit Smoothies

Makes 2 cups
Ingredients: 
2 cups frozen fruit (strawberries, raspberries, mangoes, banana, peaches are some that I use)
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
1 tbsp condensed milk or sweetener of choice (you can use more or less if you like)
1/4 or 1/2 avocado (optional)
1 - 1 1/2 cup orange juice (or mixture of orange juice and milk)
1 tsp chia seed (optional)


Directions:
Add all ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth.  Add more liquid if too thick. Pour in glass and enjoy.

Tips:  I usually don't put as much sweetener in when I make mine and then add extra condensed milk to my hubby's smoothie as he can use the extra calories.
I tried to use honey but with the frozen fruits it just gets hard so not a good thing.
I also once in a while throw in a small amount of spinach or kale ~ there will be green specs in the smoothie from this.



Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments :

  1. Love the recipe, love the photos and love the blog makeover. Way to go Marlys.

    ReplyDelete

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.