This and that: Slow Cooker Apple and Onion Pork Chops

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Slow Cooker Apple and Onion Pork Chops

Apple season is upon us.  I haven't gone picking any this year and we will see if I get any done or not.  My brother has apple trees on his land and as long as the animals don't get them, I should be able to get a few picked.

The other day I had some Granny Smith Apples in the fridge and also pork chops so decided I wanted to make something with them.  This is what I came up with.


Slow Cooker Apple and Onion Pork Chops

Ingredients:
3-4 pork chops
1 Granny Smith Apple sliced thinly
1 medium onion (I used a red onion)
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp spicy mustard
2 tsp ginger
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste on both sides of pork chops and set aside for about 5 minutes.
Mix brown sugar, spicy mustard and ginger together in bowl.
Add sliced apple and onion.  Set aside.
Place pork chops on bottom of slow cooker.
Add onion and apple mix to top.
Turn slow cooker to low and cook for 5-6 hours.
Enjoy.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments :

  1. Oh this looks fabulous!! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay. I hope you like it.. Let me know what you think if you make it.

      Delete
  2. I'm just now getting used to using my crock pot and this recipe looks delicious to try.

    ReplyDelete

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.