This and that: National California Strawberry Day

Friday, March 21, 2014

National California Strawberry Day

Today is National California Strawberry Day and to celebrate I have made a Chicken and Strawberry Panini
California grows most of our nations strawberries.  They are able to grow them all year round and bring us strawberries either frozen or fresh.  Along with tasting good, strawberries are very healthy for you.

Chicken and Strawberry Panini


This recipe really doesn't have any quantities...
Ingredients:
2 slices of bread
cheese (I like mozzarella or swiss cheese)
left over chicken
strawberries sliced
red onions sliced
spinach leaves
Strawberry or Raspberry Vinaigrette ( I use Marzetti Strawberry Poppyseed)
butter

Directions:
Butter outside of bread, lay one slice of bread down on counter top or dish.  Add cheese, chicken slices, strawberries, red onions, spinach and drizzle with small amount of vinaigrette.  Cover with second slice of bread and butter outside of the bread.  Place in panini maker and cook.  


This is a great lunch served with a spinach strawberry salad.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.