This and that: Garlic Cheese Biscuits

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Garlic Cheese Biscuits


One of my favorite places to eat is Red Lobster and their biscuits are to die for.  I just go there for them.  When I was living in Saskatoon, my great aunt and I would go out for lunch and dinner at least twice a month.  On of our favorite restaurants was Red Lobster.  Since moving to the States I am not even sure I have been to a Red Lobster but I can still have my biscuits or at least something very similar.  I received this recipe years ago from a friend.


Garlic Cheese Biscuits



Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp sugar
Dash salt
Dash parsley flakes
1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
3/4 cup buttermilk or 1 cup yogurt (I used buttermilk)
1 egg
2 tbsp butter (melted)
1 tsp garlic salt (or to taste)
1/4 tsp parsley flakes

Directions:
In bowl mix flour, baking soda, salt, parsley flakes, cream of tartar.  Crumble 1/2 cup butter into flour mixture. Add cheddar cheese and mix. In a small bowl, beat egg and add buttermilk or yogurt.  Mix wet and dry ingredients together until well mixed.  Drop from tablespoon onto greased pan or  cookie sheet with baking mats. Bake at 425 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, until biscuits are brown.  While biscuits are baking, melt butter in small bowl, add garlic salt and parsley flakes.  Once biscuits are done, brush melted butter mixture over top of biscuits.  Best if served warm.
*  I made my biscuits fairly big and got 8 biscuits, but you could probably get 12 from this recipe.

enjoy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.