Awhile back ~ a long while back I was nominated for the Liebster Award
I even feel guilty because it has been so long ago.
Thank you Dawn for this honour and
it is a great way to share new and upcoming blogs.
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
-Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
-Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
-Choose 11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them to your post.
-Go to their page and tell them about the award.
-No tag backs!
11 random facts about me
1. I was 42 when I got married and this is the first time and only time.
2. I got married in Togo, West Africa and my husband and I spent the first 25 months of our marriage on different continents.
3. I moved to the United States in 2000.
4. I became an American Citizen this year in July.
5. I love shoes and even bought a pair of shoes that were exactly the same as the ones I had at home, because I couldn't remember that I had them :).
6. I love to travel.
7. I wrote my first blog post in March 2012.
8. I bought my yellow escape because of the colour.
9. I will try any type of food at least once.
10. Photography is my number one passion ~ after cooking that is.
11. I am very crafty and wish that I had more time to do my crafts.
My Questions are:
- What is your favorite type of food to cook? -I have loved learning to cook African, but I also love to bake... and create.
- What is your favorite type of music? - I prefer instrumental music but love Christmas Music.
- Thanksgiving or Christmas? which is your favorite? - Christmas
- What was your favorite Christmas gift received as a child? - and doll and I still love to get dolls for Christmas and I have over 100 dolls.
- Do you have pets, how many and what kind? - No pets.
- How long have you been blogging?- Since March 2012
- Why did you start your blog? - So that I would have my recipes somewhere and also to promote African cooking as the food is so good.
- Do you work outside of the home? - I work full-time as a Registered Nurse in ER and ICU.
- How many kids do you have? - We have none and would love to have some if you have some to get rid of... just let me know :).
- What is your hidden talent? - Not sure if I have one.
- If you could do one thing, without worry of money or time, what would it be? - To be able to help the poor and third world countries, and not by giving them money but to be able to give them the tools to help themselves.
I give this award to:
Your Questions to Answer:
1. What are you most thankful for currently?
2. What inspired you to become a blogger?
3. If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
4. What is one of your favorite blog/s to follow? (and you don't have to say mine :)).
5. When you go for a snack is sweet or salty?
6. What is your all-time favorite memory of Christmas?
7. What is one word that describes you?
8. What is your favorite holiday?
9. What is your favorite Christmas cookie... or any kind of cookie?
10. What is/are your hobbies?
11. What is your favorite quote?
Thank you again Dawn for thinking of me when you received your award.
I am honoured and touched by your thoughtfulness.