This and that: Crunchy Sweet and Sour Pork Chop ~ CIC

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Crunchy Sweet and Sour Pork Chop ~ CIC

Easy, moist pork chops that are sweet and spicy with a slight crunch.


Potato Chips and Soy Sauce is this month's crazy ingredient challenge and I came up with an awesome recipe!









Crunch Sweet and Sour Pork Chops

This month's ingredients for our crazy ingredient challenge are potato chips and soy sauce.  I had to go out and buy both of these ingredients as I try very hard not to have potato chips in the house (as they are gone within minutes of bringing them in....._) and I don't ever use soy sauce since I started to use Maggi Liquid Seasoning.  So yesterday I made my way to the store and low and behold Lay's chip had a buy one, great one free ~ well I couldn't just buy one bag could I.. (oink! oink!)

When trying to think up how I would use these ingredients, my thought went to sweet and sour sauce as that would be a great way to use the soy sauce.  So, how do I use the potato chips - and my mind went to breaded pork chops... and that is how my recipe came to life.


Easy, moist pork chops that are sweet and spicy with a slight crunch.



Makes 4 pork chops
Ingredients:
1 lb pork chops (4) - I used thin cut pork chops
1 1/2 - 2 cups crushed potato chips - I used Lays Wavy chips
3/4 cups brown sugar
1/3 cup vinegar
2/3 cup water
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon ketchup
2 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoon oil

Directions:
Make Sweet & Sour Sauce first:
In medium sauce pan combine, brown sugar, vinegar, water, soy sauce, ketchup, and cornstarch.
Stir well and bring to boil.
Stir continuously until sauce thickens (took about 3 -4 minutes once started to boil).

Place pork chops in a shallow dish, pour 1/2 to 3/4 of sweet & sour sauce over pork chops and marinate for at least 1/2 hour.
Reserve the rest of the sweet & sour sauce.

Crush chips and place in shallow dish.
Coat each pork chop with the crushed chips.


In frying pan add oil and heat on medium-high heat.
Once pan is hot add pork chops and cook for 2 -3 minutes on one side
Turn and cook another 2 -3 minutes (depends on how thick your pork chops are)

Serve pork chops with reserved sauce.

Easy, moist pork chops that are sweet and spicy with a slight crunch.


Are you wondering what Crazy Ingredient Challenge is? Each month we are given two lists of ingredients to choice and the two ingredients with the most votes are the ones that we make a recipe with.  There are months that we really have to look outside the box to make the recipe work...








 photo Marlys name tag_zpsbeomukze.png

2 comments :

  1. Great idea making a sweet and sour sauce for those breaded pork chops Marlys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't buy potato chips either. They disappear much too quickly! Your pork chops look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.