This and that: Orange Anise Cookies ~ Fill the Cookie Jar

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Orange Anise Cookies ~ Fill the Cookie Jar

Orange and anise flavour in each bite of these melt in your mouth cookies.

Orange and anise flavour in each bite of these melt in your mouth cookies.











Orange Anise Cookies - Fill the Cookie Jar

This is my first post for a long time and I am glad that I can share this awesome cookie with you. This month's theme for Fill the Cookie Jar is back to school.  I would love to put these in my lunch box and I am sure my hubby would too as he was drooling as he ate them... yep he had more than one.

When thinking of what cookies to make, my thoughts went to orange and cranberry but low and behold, we had no dried cranberries and I was much too lazy to go and buy some more.  So to the cupboard, I went and found the anise... PERFECT!  It worked.  The best cookies to fill the cookie jar with.


Orange and anise flavour in each bite of these melt in your mouth cookies.


Ingredients:
1 cup softened butter
2/3 cup sugar
2 cups all- purpose flour
2 tsp orange juice
1 tsp orange peel
1 tsp anise

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
Mix in orange juice, orange peel and anise.
Gradually add flour and continue to mix well.
Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a baking mat covered baking sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 until cookies are golden brown.
Cool on cookie sheet for a couple of minutes on the cookie sheet and then move to a cookie rack to continue to cool.

Try to eat only one!
Orange and anise flavour in each bite of these melt in your mouth cookies.


I hope you will check out all the great cookies that our Fill the Cookie Group have for you.   Time to get ready for school.. or anytime for that matter.
Fill the cookie jar with back to school cookies
photo was done by Audrey from That Recipe


 Giant Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies by Family Around the Table

No Bake Brownie Energy Bites by Join Us, Pull up a Chair

Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookies by Jolene's Recipe Journal

Teachers Rule Cookies By Palatable Pastime

Clean the Cupboard Cookie Bars by A Day In The Life On The Farm

Trail Mix Cookies by Home Sweet Homestead

Orange Anise Cookies By This and That

Monster Reese's Pieces Cookie Bars by Cookaholic Wife

Oatmeal Blueberry Cookies by Organized 31

Apple Date Cookie Bars by That Recipe

Cherry Pie Tassies by Cindy's Recipes and Writings

Sesame Balls by Feeding Big


 photo Marlys name tag_zpsbeomukze.png

2 comments :

  1. These look so good. I love the combination of orange and anise. I know my family would love these also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These do sound wonderful Marlys. Good to see you back.

    ReplyDelete

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.