This and that: Healthy Oatmeal Coffee Cookies - #fillthecookiejar

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Healthy Oatmeal Coffee Cookies - #fillthecookiejar

An awesome, healthy cookies that taste like you are biting down into an tasty spicy brownie, made with ripe plantains and coffee flour.


A healthy cookie that taste like a brownie in every bite, 

made with ripe plantains and coffee flour.







Healthy Oatmeal Coffee Cookies


An awesome, healthy cookies that taste like you are biting down into an tasty spicy brownie, made with ripe plantains and coffee flour.


This month's theme for Fill the Cookie Jar post is Mother's Day.   Often when we got home from school there was a batch of fresh cookies waiting for us.  Opening up the door and the smell of fresh cookies waffle to our noses.. Memories!!  One of my favorite cookies were and still are oatmeal raisin.

I had found some coffee flour at Trader Joe's and another memory of my mom was all the coffee she drank.  Or should I say all the coffee cups she had around the house as I am not sure she drank that much coffee but would have cups of coffee although the house, sipping as she cleaned and cooked or baked.

These memories brought me to my cookie for this month - Coffee and Oatmeal Raisin.  As I am trying to eat healthier I found a recipe for Healthy Coconut Cookies that I adapted to make these awesome cookies that taste like you are biting down into an tasty spicy brownie.

An awesome, healthy cookies that taste like you are biting down into an tasty spicy brownie, made with ripe plantains and coffee flour.



Ingredients:
1 large ripe plantain or 2 ripe bananas
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup coconut oil melted
3 tsp milk - you can use any type of mild or almond or soy milk
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup coffee flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup toasted coconut 

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In medium bowl, mash plantain or bananas
Add vanilla, honey, and coconut oil and mix well
In separate bowl mix flours, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg
Stir in oatmeal to dry ingredients
Mix wet and dry ingredients together, until well mixed
Mix in coconut
Drop spoon sized portions onto slightly greased cookie sheet or cookie sheet covered with baking mat
Bake for 12-15 minutes
Cool on baking rake.
Enjoy!

Check out all the great Fill the Cookie Jar Recipes....
Mexican Chocolate Bizcochitos by Palatable Pastime
Sea Salt Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Black Pepper Shortbread by Feeding Big
Almond Orange Cookie by A Day In The Life on The Farm
Galaxy & Nebula Cookies by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
Mom's Lemon Bars by Big Rigs 'n Lil' Cookies

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


7 comments :

  1. Coffee flour?! I am going to be on the lookout!!! Thanks for sharing your Mom memories with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great find.. Now I have to find more - I don't live close to a Trader's Joe.

      Delete
  2. This is my kind of cookie Marlys. Coffee and chocolate make me happy any day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with Wendy, I have never heard of coffee flour. i will have to go and check that out. I think I would really love these cookies, I am a lover of sweet, but am trying to be more healthy. This cookies is a win/win

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of it either until I found it at trader joes... Love trying new ingredients.

      Delete
  4. These sound great, and I am completely intrigued by the coffee flour. Next time we get to Trader Joe's I will definitely be looking for this.

    ReplyDelete

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.