This and that: Travel to South Seas Island Resort #JustEscape

Monday, January 12, 2015

Travel to South Seas Island Resort #JustEscape

Is winter getting you down?
Is the snow and the cold too much for you right now? 
Are you ready to for some fun in the sun?

Travel to South Seas Island Resort


Winter can be trying for everyone, especially if you live where there is snow and cold.  I know that I am getting tired of shoveling snow and feeling cold and I would like to #Justescape at this time of year.  

Instead of shoveling snow I would prefer to be at the beach

and enjoying the sun and the fun at South Seas Island Resort...

Last spring I was able to spend a few days on Captiva Island at the South Seas Island Resort and during this long month of January I will be remembering those days as I try and keep warm and shovel my way out the door to go to work.  


This vacation was a vacation of a life time.  Not only did I get to have some fun it the sun but I got to spend those few days with a couple of my childhood friends.  The South Seas Island Resort is just the place to kick back and have a great time with friends and family.  The atmosphere of this resort was awesome and everyone working there was very friendly and welcoming, from the people at the front desk to the crew that came and cleaned our room every day.  Read more about my first impression of South Seas Island Resort.

Both South Seas Island Resort and Captiva Island are a photographer's paradise.  I spent many hours taking thousands of pictures on the beach, walking and driving around the resort.. from the flowers, to the birds and the ocean view, there was always something to capture with my lens.

Some of the birds that I was able to capture:

I love the orchids that were everywhere you looked.  Most of these pictures were taken on our trip to Useppa Island.

From the beautiful morning sunrises....




To the awesome sunsets......

Our days were filled with sitting on the beach, driving around the resort and island, visiting in our awesome villa and enjoying wonderful meals at the various restaurants that we went to.

As I was at the coast most of the meals that I ate had some kind of fish or seafood in it.  The restaurants that we went to were:  Doc's Ford's Rum Bar and Grille which was just as you were coming into South Seas Island Resort and was within walking distance of our villa; The Mucky Duck, where I had the best fish and chips every;  The Green Flash Waterfront Restaurant and of course we had to try the Harbourside Bar & Grill which is in the resort and overlooks the Yacht Harbor Marina.  We also had the opportunity to dine in the Useppa Island Club when we took the tour of the island.



The Island is calling me... 
and one day again I will be sitting on those beach chairs.

Just Escape to South Seas Island Resort.

WINTER GETAWAY

TROPICAL THRILLS OR WINTER CHILLS...JUST ESCAPE!

Stay for three (3) nights or longer and receive $25 per day in Resort Credits (up to $100) and a coupon book with over $250 in savings at Resort outlets including family activities, restaurant savings, golf, spa services, merchandise, and more, plus kids eat FREE for all meals! (taken from SSIR website)

Disclaimer:  I was given a discount on our accommodations and a cruise to Useppa Island for this review.  All opinions are 100% mine. 



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.