This and that: Foodie Friends Friday Featuring Tracy of Busy Vegetarian Mom

Friday, June 22, 2012

Foodie Friends Friday Featuring Tracy of Busy Vegetarian Mom

      Friday again and here I am trying to get my post ready.... you would think that I would do it early but NO!  I did do my research and picked out a couple of recipes that I thought I could make and write about, but as when the first day of summer came so did a summer cold.... and no energy to do anything.  So, I didn't make anything this week.
    This week for Foodie Friends Friday, I will be featuring Tracy from busy vegetarian mom.  As I am not a vegetarian, a lot of her recipes sounded very different to me... Different in a good way, something different to try. I have never eaten tofu and something that I would like to try.  I am the type that is willing to try anything once and I believe that you can't say that you don't like something if you haven't tried it.  One of the tofu recipes that I would like to try is Tofu Mango Avocado Salad ~ go Here for the link.  I think this would be a good place to start to try out tofu, as I love mango and avocados, so I could make a smaller size of the tofu.

picture courtesy of Busy Vegetarian Mom -doesn't this look so good

      Another recipe that I wanted to try is her grilled balsamic radicchio salad.  I have never tried radicchio and when I have seen it in the grocery store, I have thought of buying it but didn't know how to prepare it... Now I do and I am excited to use this recipe.

picture courtesy of Busy Vegetarian Mom

      Busy Vegetarian Mom has many wonderful recipes on her blog and even if you are not a vegetarian, I am sure you can change the recipes to suit your taste.  For example her recipe for Avocado Salad, the first time I ate this was in Togo and I make it with avocado, roma tomatoes, onions and sardines packed in oil.

picture courtesy of  Busy Vegetarian Mom

  It is summer time and salads are what come to mind for me but Busy Vegetarian Mom has more recipes then just salads, she has dinners, lunch, snack and desserts too.... Desserts you say...check out this wonderful ice cream recipe....here

picture courtesy of  Busy Vegetarian Mom . YUM!
     I hope you have fun going through all the recipes on Busy Vegetarian Mom, as she has some great recipes.
               
                                                      til next time <3 <3 <3  Marlys
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.