This and that: Homemade Cranberry Sauce ~ Simple, Easy and yummy tasting.

Friday, December 6, 2013

Homemade Cranberry Sauce ~ Simple, Easy and yummy tasting.

You can't have turkey without Cranberry Sauce or at least I don't think you can.  I try to make my own and every year I do something a little different.  This year I decided to follow the recipe on the bag with a slight change or improvement I think.  This recipe is so simple and easy to make... and yummy in taste.



I just made a small batch as there was just two of us for Thanksgiving dinner, so if you only need a little this recipe is for you.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
1/4 cup sugar ( I used Zulka Morena Pure Cane Sugar)
1/2 cup liquid ( I used juice from 1/2 lemon, 1/4 cup orange juice and the rest water to equal 1/2 cup)

Directions:  
Place all ingredients in saucepan.
Over medium high heat cook until cranberries soft and thickened. Stir once in a while so it doesn't stick
Let cool.


That is it.. Easy, Simple and Good.

Leftover Cranberries and Turkey make a great Quesadilla.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments :

  1. I made this for Thanksgiving and it was delicious! I will probably make it again at Christmas!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I really love homemade cranberry sauce. One of my favorite things to add is grated zest of the orange. Orange and cranberry... Ok, I'm getting hungry! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.