This and that: Turkey and Avocado Pizza with Garlic Crust

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Turkey and Avocado Pizza with Garlic Crust

We don't have pizza often but when we do I like to make homemade.  I found this awesome recipe for pizza crust and added some garlic.  Then added all the leftovers that I had in the fridge to make this recipe.

Turkey and Avocado Pizza with Garlic Crust


Ingredients: Makes 2 9 inch pizzas 
Pizza dough (see recipe below)
leftover turkey - I used about 3/4 -1 lbs (this is my recipe for turkey)
small can pizza sauce - or you can make homemade - I am too lazy to do this
mini pepper (I used 3-4) sliced
red onion (I used about 1/3 of the onion) sliced
avocado (about 1/2) sliced thinly
shredded cheese (I used a combination of cheddar, mozzeralla, asiago
small amount of corn flour or cornmeal

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Make pizza dough as below or use a premade pizza.
Sprinkle a small amount of corn flour or cornmeal onto pizza pan
Roll out dough into a 9 inch pizza pan (I use my stoneware) 
Spread pizza sauce over dough
Add turkey over dough
Spread peppers and onions over turkey meat.
Sprinkle cheese in the amount you want over everything.
Place in oven and bake for 20 -25 minutes.
Remove from oven and place avocado on top and more cheese as needed
Return from oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes until desired brownness.

Garlic Pizza Dough

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup hot water between 105-115F
11/2 tsp sugar
1 pkg yeast (Red Star Yeast)
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil

Directions:
In mixing bowl add hot water and sugar.  Sprinkle pkg of yeast over warm water.  Let sit for 5-10 minutes until foamy.
Once yeast is foamy add flour and salt.
Mix using dough hooks until dough is elastic (you can stretch it but it won't break).  If you don't have dough hook you can mix it with your electric beaters and then knead for approx 6 minutes.
Take dough out of mixing bowl and add a small amount of oil and spread over bowl.  Place dough back into bowl, cover with plastic wrap and towel.  Let rise until it doubles in size about 30 minutes.
Once dough has risen, cut into two pieces. 
Roll out dough if you are making your pizza at this time or wrap in plastic and place in freezer bags to freeze. (I make mine into a cylinder shape to freeze). 
If making pizza let the dough sit for about 30 minutes after rolling out before baking.
If freezing, when ready to use let thaw out and roll out for pizza.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment :

  1. I so wish I could try this now Marlys! YUM! Pinned and shared!

    ReplyDelete

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.