This and that: Crazy Ingredient Challenge - Lemon Peep Milkshake

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Crazy Ingredient Challenge - Lemon Peep Milkshake




It is that time of the month again... To think outside of the box and make a recipe with ingredients that are given to us...
This month's ingredients are Lemon and Peeps, which I think are appropriate as today is Easter Sunday.  I can say I am not a big fan of Peeps, although I did have a box of Peep chicks that I bought last year after Easter.  I normally use them for decorating and not to eat...

So, I was a bit surprised when I opened the box and they weren't stale...which meant I didn't have to go out and buy any more.  Now to figure out what to make.  I was going to make some lemon curd, and make a parfait and make a recipe like my Key Lime Pie Parfait but with a lemon curd filling instead of key lime pie and I was going to cut up the Peep and use for a layer too... Went to get my whipping cream ~ spoiled. So that was out, then I remember I had some ice cream and lemon syrup from an other recipe that I made ... and came up with....

Lemon Peep Milkshake


Ingredients:
2 cups vanilla ice cream 
1/4 cup milk
1 tbsp lemon syrup *
1 -2 Peeps cut in pieces
lemon zest, 1/2 tsp for milkshake and more to garnish

Directions:
Put ice cream, milk, lemon syrup, Peeps and 1/2 tsp lemon zest in blender and blend until well mixed.  Pour in glass, garnish with lemon zest and Peep.

* I made my lemon syrup by putting 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1/4 cup sugar in small pot.  Heat in medium pan until sugar is dissolved.  This makes more then you need, but lemon syrup can be used in many things and great to have in your fridge.. it tastes great in your tea.


This challenge is done on the 20th of each month.  You are given two crazy ingredients to make your recipe with.  You don't have to participate each month, you can pick and choice if you want to do it.  If you are wanting to do something different and up for a challenge and thinking outside of the box ~~ This is the group for you.  All the information is posted on the CIC Crazy Ingredient Challenge Group on Facebook.  For more information you can ask Dawn at Spatulas on Parade or send me an email and I will check on how to get you on the group.  It is lots of fun...

Have a Wonderful Blessed  Easter Sunday


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments :

  1. Great idea! I love lemon and am not fond of PEEPS either. I had thought about putting them in a smoothie but I think the milkshake idea works better.
    Dawn
    Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had a milkshake in ages but I have a whole package of Peeps left so I could soon! Great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever use of the ingredients! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, sweet :) Happy Easter from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.