This and that: Cups, Sticks and Nibbles Book Tour

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Cups, Sticks and Nibbles Book Tour

Cups, Sticks and Nibbles, doesn't that title make you wonder what this cookbook is all about?
I am so excited to be part of this book tour and to be able to tell you about this wonderful cookbook. 

Cups, Sticks and Nibbles Book Tour

Disclaimer: I was given this cookbook to review.  All opinions are 100% mine.
Cups, Sticks and Nibbles Book Tour / This and That

Are you a  little intimidated when hosting a party? Do you need some tips and tricks to make your party outstanding, along with recipes that will wow your guests?  I love hosting parties and having people over and most of the time I am winging it at the last minute, trying to get all my ducks or Hors d'oeuvres in a row.  I am exhausted by the time my guest come and am usually in the kitchen making sure that everything is prepared.

Well, no more because I can "unlock your inner hosting confidence with stress-free tips and recipes".  How do you ask can this happen?  I now am the proud owner of Cups, Sticks & Nibbles written by Nicole Meyers from Nibbles by Nic.  At my fingertips I have a party prep time line - Nic even tells you what you should do 10 minutes before your guests arrive... (just hope that they don't come early!), entertaining must haves - I like the idea of labels for your dishes (this way you don't have to tell everyone of your guests what the dish is) and Nic's Top Ten Hosting Tips.  My favorite tip - the two W's ....... can you guess what this is all about?  No, then you will either have to buy the cookbook or read to the end of the post to find out what it is...  

Along with giving you everything you need to be the Hostess with the Mostess, Nic also supplies you with some of the most awesome, mouth watering recipes.  There is something in here for everyone.  I only had time to make two of the recipes and they turned out fantastic ~ I picked out a salad and a dessert (because you can never get enough chocolate).  I also can't wait to make some more of these recipes like....Pizza Meatloaf Cupcakes, Honey Mustard Drumsticks and Apricot Oat Squares with Dark Chocolate Topping and these are just the tip of the iceberg.

Banana Caramel Crunch Treat

Banana Caramel Crunch Treat - Cups, Sticks and Nibbles Book Tour / This and That

Chocolate, Caramel, Crunch... Oh! My! and you can pretend that these delightful little morsels are healthy for you as they do have bananas and dark chocolate in them (or I used dark chocolate).  I did mine slightly different then the recipe as I couldn't find chocolate pound cake and not enough time to make my own but did find these mini brownie rounds from Walmart that worked perfectly.  I also used dark chocolate instead of semi-sweet and both my chocolate and caramel sauce had sea salt in it.  What more can you ask for - sweet and salty with some crunch.. YUM!

Ingredients:
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used Dove Pure Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt)
1 tbsp vegetable oil to thin out chocolate if needed (didn't use but should have)
3 semi- ripe bananas cut into 1/2 inch chunks
1/4 cup turtle-crunch sprinkles, chocolate-crunch sprinkles or anything similar (I used Health Toffee Bits)
1/4 cup caramel topping, for drizzle ( I used Fleur De Sel Caramel Sauce from The Caramel Jar)
1/4 of a chocolate pound cake (already made) (I used Walmart Mini Brownie Bites - these were the perfect size)


Directions:
In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips fro approximately two minutes or until the chocolate is smooth and glossy.  Stir every 30 seconds to prevent burning.  Add the oil as needed if the chocolate appears thick or clumpy. (I used a double boiler (or a glass bowl in a pot) to melt my chocolate - I find it is easier and the chocolate stays melted.  I should have put some oil especially at the end as the chocolate did get slightly clumpy)
Using a fork or fingers, dip each banana chunk into the warm chocolate, shaking off the excess. Immediately rest on wax or parchment paper.
Sprinkle the top of each chocolate-covered banana with sprinkles and immediately place the tray in your freezer to set.
Using a sharp knife, slice the pound cake into very thin, uniform, square bite sized pieces.
Once the bananas are firm, remove them from the freezer and rest each one on a piece of cake. Gently press down.
Drizzle caramel in a  pattern on top of each treat.  Store in the freezer until ready to serve.

** Baker's Note:  Instead of freezing the bananas and then putting them on the cake.  I dipped the bananas in chocolate and placed them on my bit sized brownie and sprinkled them with the Heath Toffee Bits.  I then drizzled caramel on top before placing them in the freezer.

Heirloom Tomato Salad with Watermelon and Mozzarella

Heirloom Tomato Salad with Watermelon and Mozzarella ~ Cups, Sticks and Nibbles /This and That

Would you ever have thought of putting watermelon in your tomato and mozzarella salad?  Then make a dressing with Balsamic vinegar, lime, oregano and mint?  No, me neither but this salad is awesome, the perfect summer salad.. sweetness with tangy.  I will be eating this salad lots, not only because I bought a whole watermelon (cheaper to buy the whole one) but because I love it.  Want the recipe ~ you are going to have to buy the cookbook... Although I should have given you this recipe as I followed this one to the T (yep, I can do that once in a while).



For you own copy of the book, just click on this link.  You won't regret it... as it is more than just a cookbook full of recipes, it will help you become more organized and make your next get together or dinner party pop.... can't wait to hear what tips helped you became the hostess that everyone talks about.

Did you figure out what the two W's were... 

 any guesses...

 Alright I will tell you ......
Wood and White.
Guess what I will be doing the next time I have guest over...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.