This and that: Easy Valentine Craft ~ Love Heart

Monday, February 9, 2015

Easy Valentine Craft ~ Love Heart

This year I have been really busy decorating for Valentine's.  I don't usually do anything except decorate some on my table, but for some reason this year has been different.  I have been busy crafting.  I made this fun and easy Valentine Heart that takes no time to make and even the smallest of child can give you a hand with this craft.

Easy Valentine Craft ~ Love Heart

Easy Valentine Craft ~ Love Heart / This and That  washi tape, love, valentines

This project is very easy to make and doesn't take a lot of time.  The hardest part I found was to cut out the heart (this you may want to do and not let your young children cut).  I found the cool washi tape at Michaels Store and at Walmart.

Materials:
Foam Board (you can buy this at the Dollar Store for - yep you guessed it $1)
Washi Tape
Glue
Scissors

Easy Valentine Craft ~ Love Heart / This and That  washi tape, foam board, heart, valentine craft


Directions:
Free hand draw a heart on the foam board.  As you can see in the top picture my heart is not perfect but I think that gives it character.
Starting at the bottom, using washi tape, start taping in a crisscross fashion.  I used 5 different types of washi tape for my pattern and I didn't measure so some of my tape are closer and some are further apart from each other.   Make whatever pattern you want.  I taped just pass my drawing.
Cut out your heart shape.  You could cut the heart shape first and then make your design with the tape.  (I made my design as in the top left picture and then cut out the heart).
Paint the letters and let dry.  (this step can also be done at the beginning).  I at first was going to leave the letters white but they had some marks on them, so decided to paint them red.
Glue letters to the board (I used  modge podge as my glue).
** If you are planning on hanging this on the wall, glue some string at the back to use as a hanger.  I place mine on the mantle. 

Easy Valentine Craft ~ Love Heart / This and That   valentine crafts, heart, washi tape
The picture above is one end of my mantle.  I will be showing you how I did the bottle vases in another post.  The directions to the heart tree is here

This project is in no way affiliated with any store or brand, I just wanted you to see what I used for this project.  My only purpose of linking the items is to let you know what I used for the project.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.