This and that: Citrus Salmon

Monday, February 13, 2017

Citrus Salmon

Marinate  in citrus juice and pan-sear it for moist fabulous salmon.

Instead of paying lots of money, make an awesome salmon that is marinated in citrus juice that is juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside at home.





Citrus Salmon

We love salmon and since I started pan searing it, I make it fairly frequently.  The best part is it is much cheaper to make at home than order it in a restaurant and it taste fantastic.  This is an easy meal to make and is perfect for your valentine's dinner.  

Marinate  in citrus juice and pan-sear it for moist fabulous salmon.
Ingredients:
1 lb salmon
1/2 fresh lemon juiced
1/2 fresh lime juiced
1/2 blood orange juiced
1 tsp tarragon
1 tsp salt 
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Directions:
Mix lemon, lime and orange juice.
Add salt and tarragon and mix.
Pour citrus juice over salmon and let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Melt butter and olive oil in frying pan (I use my cast iron pan) over high heat
Place salmon flesh side down and cook for 3 minutes.
Turn salmon over and pour citrus juice over the salmon.  Continue to cook on high for another 3 minutes.
At this time I take off skin and continue to cook on moderate heat until salmon is flaky, basting the liquid from the pan over the salmon.
Serve.



We had the  salmon with lemon asparagus.. To make this, clean and cut the bottom inch or so off each asparagus stalk, place in microwave dish, 1 tsp water add.  Add salt and pepper to asparagus and drizzle lemon juice over the asparagus.  Cook in microwave for 2 -3 minutes.

Marinate  in citrus juice and pan-sear it for moist fabulous salmon.
.


1 comment :

  1. I've never tried making salmon on the stove top, it's always on the grill. I need to try this, we might enjoy it more often this way!

    ReplyDelete

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.