This and that: Chocolate Brownie Cookies ~ Fill the Cookie Jar

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Chocolate Brownie Cookies ~ Fill the Cookie Jar

A bite of chocolate brownie with a chocolate espresso glaze in each cookie.


A cookie that tastes like a brownie and a chocolate espresso glaze, what could be better.











Chocolate Brownie Cookies

I can't believe that it is February already, the month of love, chocolate and flowers. Today is a perfect day to stay at home and bake up these awesome cookies that taste like a brownie.  The batter has chocolate, add some chocolate chips or pieces and make a glaze with chocolate and espresso powder and what do you have ~ the best cookies that you can ever imagine.

A bite of chocolate brownie with a chocolate espresso glaze in each cookie.


When I was thinking of what type of cookies to make for this month's Fill the Cookie, I wanted to make a heart shaped cookie.  I found what I thought would be the perfect cookie, but I should have know that I couldn't make a rolled cookie ~ they just don't work for me (but I do plan on trying to make them and make them work).  I am glad those cookies didn't work because I wouldn't have been able to find, make and share this recipe.  I think these are the perfect recipe to Fill your Cookie Jar for Valentines.

This recipe was adapted from a church cookbook.  I am not sure where the original recipe came from

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 ounces Semi sweet Chocolate (6 pieces Baker's semi sweet chocolate)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sour milk or buttermilk
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt (I skipped this as I used salted butter)
1 pkg (6 oz) chocolate chips* or pieces

for glaze:
1/2 ounce Semi Sweet Chocolate (2 pieces)
2 Tablespoon butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon hot water
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp espresso powder (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven 375 degrees
Melt butter and chocolate together.
Add sugar, milk, egg and vanilla and blend well.
Sift dry ingredients and add to the wet ingredients and mix well.
Stir in chocolate chips or chocolate pieces.
Drop from teaspoon onto a well greased cookie sheet or cookie sheet covered with baking mat.
Bake at 375 degree for 10-12 minutes (I did bake mine for about 15 minutes so the outside was crispy).
While cookies are baking make your glaze:
Melt chocolate and butter.
Blend in the remaining ingredients.
Spread or drizzle glaze over warm cookies.
Optional:  Place a small piece of chocolate on top of the cookie.

*For the chocolate chip I broke up a Moser Roth Dark Orange Almond bar that I found at Aldi. I thought the hint of orange would work great with the chocolate ~ it does!  I also thought that I would put some orange flavouring extract instead of vanilla in the batter but I didn't have any left.

A bite of chocolate brownie with a chocolate espresso glaze in each cookie.













10 comments :

  1. These sound wonderful! Especially with the hint of orange :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure where to start with this yummy recipe. Love the addition of espresso powder and the orange that is in the chocolate that you used. They are perfect for Valentines. Thanks so much for being a part of the Fill The Cookie Jar group! I am always excited to see what you share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Espresso glaze....mmmmmmmmmmmm! And you can't go wrong with chocolate in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband knows that the way to my heart is with chocolate. I'll be showing this recipe to my husband with a big "hint, hint" thrown in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm all in for this delicious cookie. I would make every dessert with chocolate and espresso and of course have a cup or demitasse of espresso on this side. A delicious Valentine's Day treat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at brownie cookie then you add an espresso glaze! So decadent! I can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brownie and espresso taste! Yum! I need to make these cookies! Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.