This and that: Fall Porch Decorations

Monday, October 12, 2015

Fall Porch Decorations

I am having a very hard time getting my fall decorating done. I have been procrastinating for about a month.   This year I wanted to do some decorating on my porch.  I don't have a big porch but I still wanted to do something.

Fall Porch Decorations

Decorating the porch for Fall with an easy decorated pumpkin and scarecrow doll.


I had bought a couple of pumpkins from Micheals a couple of weeks ago when they were on sale.  I wanted to use one for me porch.  I had also picked up some fall flower picks, some pine cones and leaf burlap and used that to decorate my pumpkin.

Decorating a pumpkin for Fall


I glued the flowers and pine cone to the top of the pumpkin.  The burlap ribbon had leaf imprinted on it and I measure it to go around the middle of the pumpkin and used a hot glue gun to glue it on the pumpkin.

To make the lettering I made my own stencils using Word Document and the font I wanted to use. I picked out the font that I thought would be easiest to cut out.  I decided on Birds of Paradise which I downloaded from Dafont and wrote the word F A L L in the size that was big enough to cover the page and bolded the letters.  I then printed and cut out each letter and traced the letters on my scrapbook paper.  As you can see in the picture I didn't make the curly cue on the A.  Once I cut them out of the scrapbooking paper, I then glued them onto my pumpkin..... Not sure they will stand the weather outside but I wanted to try and see what they will do.


Decorating the porch for Fall with an easy decorated pumpkin and scarecrow doll.


I placed the pumpkin on a bale of straw that I bought at Walmart and sat a Straw Doll in a chair beside it.  Simple and easy without too much fuss.  On the other side of my door I have a flower pot full of Marigolds.


Do you decorate for Fall?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment :

  1. Great decorations! I really like the letters in the pumpkin. Fall is such a lovely time of the year!

    ReplyDelete

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.