This and that: No Bake Chocolate and Pumpkin Cookies ~ Fill The Cookie Jar

Thursday, September 3, 2015

No Bake Chocolate and Pumpkin Cookies ~ Fill The Cookie Jar

When you hear the word Fall what goes through your mind?  I think of pumpkin, sweatshirts, leaves turning colours and falling and cooler weather.  Fall is our theme for this month's Fill the Cookie Jar and although the weather hasn't isn't cooler yet, it looks like it when we look outside... leaves are turning and floating to the ground.

My plans were to to make  Maple Leaf Creme Cookies (and re-do my post)  as I finally bought some maple leaf cookie cutters.  But as I had to do my cookies at the last minute, and the temperatures kept soaring up there was no way I was going to turn on the oven... (the house was warm enough without it on).  So I decided to make no-bake cookies.

No Bake Chocolate and Pumpkin Cookies

Chocolate Pumpkin No Bake Cookies - Fill The Cookie Jar / This and That

No Bake Cookies are perfect to make when the weather is too warm to turn on.  They are also perfect when you need a quick cookie.  My mom often had no bakes or Un-Bakes as we called them for us for afternoon snack.  I try not to make them too often as I can eat the whole batch in one setting. Then add pumpkin to the mix and these cookies are wonderful... but then I love anything pumpkin, so I am just a little prejudice.  I am having a real hard time not eating them all today...

Fill the Cookie Jar with Chocolate Pumpkin No Bake Cookies / This and That
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
2 cups sugar (I use Zulka Morena Pure Cane Sugar)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp ginger
2 oz dark  Bakers German Chocolate
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 cups Rolled Oats
1/2 cup coconut
1 cup raisin

Directions:
In saucepan melt butter and chocolate.  
Add milk, pumpkin, sugar and spices, stir to combine.
Increase heat to medium high and bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally. 
Boil for one minute. 
Add vanilla and stir.
Take off and stir in oats, coconut and raisins until thoroughly coated.
Spoon cookies onto wax paper and  cool until set.

Fill the Cookie Jar with Chocolate Pumpkin No Bake Cookies / This and That

If you interested in joining our group or want more information about joining our group click on the button below and our 

Make Sure you check out everyone's cookies....





Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Linked up to these awesome parties:  Creative Muster, You're Gonna Love It

10 comments :

  1. WOW! the photo is great and I'm convinced they are delicious. I can understand why your mom always had 'no bake' recipes handy, they are the way to go especially in a pinch. Can't wait to make these! Grampy will love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I think these are my new no bakes... I hope you like them.

      Delete
  2. Marlys, I can see why you would want to eat the whole batch of these cookies. Pumpkin is one of my favorite flavors and as soon as the weather begins to change, even the slightest, I get out the pumpkin and start baking. I know I will be making these - it is still hot here in the south and I hate to turn on the oven. Thanks for sharing this at the Fill The Cookie Jar group. Always fun to see what you bake (or don't bake in this case!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pumpkin is also my favorite... and anytime I can put it in a recipe I do.

      Delete
  3. Both these and the Maple Leaf Crème cookies sound scrumptious. Can I have both?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have all these ingredients in the house, and I think my husband was expecting a new batch of cookies today. These might be the compromise, as it is to hot here today for the oven to be on also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love "no-bakes" but would never have thought to add pumpkin to the mixture.

    ReplyDelete

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.