This and that: BBQ Honey Garlic Chicken {slow cooker recipe}

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

BBQ Honey Garlic Chicken {slow cooker recipe}

Last weekend my hubby came home from downstate.  He told me that he wasn't going to come until Friday instead of after work on Thursday and would need food when he got home.  Well, I knew that this wasn't absolutely true but decided to make something in the slow cooker for the next day.

 BBQ Honey Garlic Chicken

I had to work a 12 hour shift on Friday,  a slow cooker recipe would be perfect. I had chicken so went on-line to find a recipe that would work.  I found a recipe on Allrecipe (one of my favorite go to places) that I thought would be would work great.  This recipe was adapted from Honey-Garlic Slow Cooker Chicken Thigh.


Ingredients:
6 chicken thighs *
1/4 cup Maggi Liquid Seasoning (if you don't have Maggi Liquid use 1/2 cup Soy Sauce)
1/4 cup Soy Sauce  (see above)
1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
1/3 cup honey
4 cloves garlic minced
1/2 tsp fresh basil chopped
1 tsp anise (optional)

Directions:
Place thawed chicken thigh along bottom of slower cooker.
Mix all the other ingredients in bowl and pour over chicken.
Cook on low in slower cooker for 7 hours.
Half way through the cooking time, turn chicken over.
optional - Once chicken is cooked take out of slower cooker and place on broiler pan.  Broil for 2-3 minutes. 
optional - Pour sauce into a small pot and bring to boil, adding 1 tsp of corn sauce to sauce to thicken.

* Cooks Notes ~ This recipe has lots of sauce, so you could add more chicken if you want.  I made this recipe with 6 chicken thighs and then made it a second time with another 6 chicken thighs using the leftover sauce.



I served this chicken over rice.  The chicken was so good and fell off the bones.  The second batch that I made I froze so that my hubby could take it back with him and have some easy meals to make after work.  

By the way, my hubby showed up in the middle of the night Thursday night.. He drove home after work to try and surprise me.  Although I wasn't surprised that he came when he did.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Linked up to these great recipes: Try a Bite Tuesday

2 comments :

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.