This and that: Ultimate Grilled Apple Bacon Gouda Sandwich

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Ultimate Grilled Apple Bacon Gouda Sandwich

I love grilled cheese and I think if it wasn't for my waist getting bigger with each bite, I would eat them everyday. April is Grilled Cheese Month, so I couldn't missed this opportunity to let you know how I have been making my grilled cheese lately.  I do have to give this disclaimer before you go on... this recipe is not for the light of heart.

Ultimate Grilled Apple Bacon Gouda Sandwich


Ingredients:
Apple (I used about 1/4 of an apple per sandwich)
Bacon (I used about 1 1/2 slices per sandwich)
Gouda cheese (as much or as little as you want) - I used Apple Smoked Gouda
2 slices Bread per sandwich (I used French Bread)
Shredded Cheese (I used Walmart Fiesta Blend)
Butter (lots and lots of butter)



Directions:
Melt some butter in pan
Add one slice of bread, gouda cheese, bacon, apple, second slice of bread.  Let bottom slice of bread soak up some of the butter and flip the sandwich over, adding more butter to the pan.  Add shredded cheese to the top of the sandwich (the bread is soaked in butter).
Once the bottom bread is soaked with butter, flip the sandwich again, adding more butter to the pan. (this time you have the shredded cheese into the butter).
Continue to cook and adding butter until the bread is grilled and the cheese has melted.


The end results is melted cheese inside and crunchy cheese on the outside.. 
Add some yummy apple and bacon 
and you get...
The Ultimate Grilled Cheese

See I told you that this sandwich is not for the light of heart... or anyone with any heart problems that is.

The perfect addition to for your yummy grilled cheese is Homemade Tomato Soup.

How do you like your Grilled Cheese Sandwich?



Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Share at these awesome parties:  This Is How We Roll Thursdays

3 comments :

  1. Wow this grilled cheese sandwich sounds so delicious & good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so delicious Marlys! I could go for one right now! Pinned and shared!

    ReplyDelete

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.