This and that: Homemade Christmas Ornaments

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Homemade Christmas Ornaments

I love to make ornaments.  For years I would make my nieces and nephews a new ornament each year.  This year I have made a couple of different ones that I want to share with you.  They are all easy to make.

 Homemade Christmas Ornaments


All of these ornaments are made with items that you may find around your house.



Candy Cane Ornament
Materials:
Pliable Thick Wire
Material
Label
Chipboard (cutout)
Scrapbooking paper
Cardstock
Peach on Earth Tags (free printable)
Glue gun
Double side tape

Directions:
1.  Cut material into 1/4 inch strips.
2.  Form wire into candy cane shapes, fray the edges of material slightly.
3.  Glue one end of the material to bottom of wire, wrap material around wire until you get to the top and glue edge to the top of the wire.
4.  Print out Peace on Earth tags, cut out and tape to cardstock.  Cut out the tags out.
5.  Decided on chipboard and cover with scrapbooking paper.
6.  To put together: glue candy canes together with hot glue gun, glue tag and chipboard.
You can also embellish your ornaments with glitter, buttons and ribbons.

AnnaWight0869web600
These ornaments were inspired by:
Sassy & Sweet (Photo Credit)

Cookie Cutter Ornaments



Materials:
Cookie Cutter
Scrapbook material or reuse Christmas Card
Washi Tape
Cardstock
Glitter
Button

Directions:
1.  Place washi tape around outside of cookie cutter.
2.  Trace the paper to the shape of the cookie cutter and cut out.  Glue the Scrapbooking material or Christmas card to the cookie cutter. 
3.  Glue buttons or snow shapes to top of cookie cutter.
4.  Cut out shape out of cardstock and glue to bottom of cookie cutter.
5.  Using glitter glue to cardstock.

Mason Ornament

    


Material:
Mason Jar lid
Straws - 3-4
Scrapbooking material or Christmas Card
Glue Gun
Glitter
Washi Tape

Directions:
1.  Cut straw into 6 cm pieces, 5 cm pieces, and 3 cm pieces (about 12 pieces per size)
2.  Apply Washi tape to out side of Mason Jar lid.
3.  Glue straw pieces around outside of jar lid.
4.  Cut out scrapbooking material or Christmas card the size of the jar insert and glue it on.
5.  Glue glitter to outside of the jar lid.









Image and video hosting by TinyPic

12 comments :

  1. You could have included the lovely star you made for me too Marlys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your ornaments, you are talented. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I shared on StumbleUpon also, have a great night!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the compliment Helene and the SU.

      Delete
  3. These are all so cute Marlys. I love the cookie cutter ones - simple enough for my grandkids. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your creativity! I love the ornaments you sent me - my family will look forward to decorating our tree with them for years to come! Thank you again! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie... I thought the cookie cutter ones were perfect for you.

      Delete
  5. Love the ornaments but I think the straw one is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these ideas! Especially the cookie cutters!! How fun and simple and super crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your ornaments. They are really so easy to make which is great. Pinning/sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the ornaments. I am definitely pinning.

    ReplyDelete

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.