This and that: Vampire's Blood for Halloween

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Vampire's Blood for Halloween

I am not a Halloween person but this year I have done a few crafts for this holiday and decided that I wanted to make a drink.  I first want to make something with candy corn as that is my favorite Halloween candy but I couldn't figure out how to make the colours to stay layered.
So I decided to make some blood with congealed blood too.  

Vampire's Blood


Ingredients:
Sanpellegrino Sparkling Pomegranate & Orange
Lemon Lime Soda
Orange Juice
Cherry Jello*
Ice Cube
Candy blood (optional)

Ingredients:
Add ice cubes to glass or jar - about 1/2 of the container.
Pour in Sanpellegrino so that the jar or glass is filled 2/3 full.
Add a good splash of orange juice.
Add 1 tbsp of Cherry Jello, it is ok if it breaks into small pieces or stays in one blob.
Top the drink with Lemon Lime Soda.
Optional:  I found candy blood and dripped it around the lid and down the side.

*Cook's Note:  You can either make your own jello or buy prepared jello.  I used a prepared jello and used one container.




Halloween Crafts







Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Linked up to these awesome parties:  Table It Decor Link Party, In and Out of the Kitchen, Treasure Box Tuesday , You're Gonna Love it Tuesday, Twirl and Take a Bow, Inspired Us  Thursday, FoodieFriDIY

10 comments :

  1. Great, easy, fun recipe! I love the cute little bottles too. Thanks, Marlys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorinda... the bottles are starbucks.. perfect for making drinks with.

      Delete
  2. That looks so spooky and delicious at the same time....definitely pinning this for me to try later! I also G+ and tweeted it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank so much for sharing these at the In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know some little and not so little kids that would love that vampire blood drink, Marlys! Thanks for sharing.
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks really nice!
    Saw this at in and out of the kitchen party

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool. And really socially acceptable this week, but not in, say, three months!

    Creative - we'll give it a shot in my house!

    ReplyDelete

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.