Highlights of 2013
Last year when I wrote my highlights all I included where the recipes that were most viewed on my blog. This year I decided to do something very different. I want to share with you some of the people that I feel are important to me in my blogging career. The people that have helped me to get where I am. Now this list is not everyone or is it is any particular order but here are a few gals that I have learned from and want to thank. I would love it if you would head over to their facebook page or their blog and if you like them, let them know that I sent you over to them.
1) The first people on my list are my Foodie Friends Friday clan. These girls are like family to me. We share success, joys and sorrows together. We are there for one another, through think and thin and are a part of each other's life even though we have not physically met. We have grown together as blogger, helping each other and picking each other up when we are down. For this I want to thank each and everyone of you. Each one of you bring something special to our group.
Tracy ~ Busy Vegetarian Mom
Lois ~ Walking on Sunshine
Michelle ~ Calculus to Cupcakes
Dawn ~ Spatulas on Parade
Cindy ~ Cindy's Recipes & Writings
Joanne ~ Winelady Cooks
Marlene ~ Nosh My Way
Erika ~ Chef Picky Kid
Jenny ~ In the Kitchen with Jenny
Sarah ~ Chef Next Door
Joanne ~ What's on the List
Jodie ~ Binomial Baker
Please take a minute to check out all the great post over at the Daily Dish Magazine and our Facebook pages ~ Blogger Best Homemade and Foodie Friends Friday.
2) Mary Beth over at MB Things I know has been a wonderful support to my blog and my facebook page. Anything that I have ever shared over on her page gets lots of views here on my blog. She now is retweeting many of my recipes and crafts also.
3) Cynthia from Feeding Big has always been a special friend to me ever since I started blogging. I have done a couple guest posts over on her blog and she has been an inspiration of some of my crafts like my Christmas Wreath and Bird Bath and Feeder. This year she has started a Fill the Cookie Jar Facebook group where we make a cookies for the theme of the month. One of the cookies I made ~ Apple Caramel Oatmeal Cookies has been my all time viewed recipe on my blog for 2013.
4) Another dear and special friend to me is Danielle over at Cozycakes Cottages. Once again, I have not personally met her but I know that we would hit it off right away. She is always there for me, encouraging me. I love how she shares her life with her little girl "Munchie" with us. Her facebook page is always full of wonderful pictures and inspiration.
5) You know I have so many dear friends in the blogging world that I hope that someday I will be able to meet face to face. Another friend I have is Lizy from Just Dip it in Chocolate, we were hoping to meet up this summer when my hubby was down state but it didn't happen... hopefully soon. Lizy recipes and crafts are wonderful and her pictures make you want to reach in and take a bite or touch the craft..
6 Jutta from Hungry Little Girl has made me think outside of the box. I have been part of her Crazy Ingredient Challenge for I think about 6 months now and have loved it. Each month she comes up with two ingredients that you would never think we go together but in the end they sure do. I can't wait to share with you next month's ingredients... I wonder what I will make.
7. A photographer friend that I met through facebook is Jocelyne of Inspired and Pretty. Her pictures are truly inspiring and beautiful. I hope that someday my pictures will turn out half as good as hers. I have even tried to take a few of the same type of pictures but mine are not as good... maybe someday.
8. Another great photographer that I want to share and has inspired me is Karen from My Little Home and Garden. Last winter I participated in her Sunlit Sundays ~ that was when I saw some sun during the winter. The pictures I took for these are over on my photography blog. I can't wait until Sunlit Sundays start again.
9. Isabelle from Isabelle at home is another one of my idols. I love her blog and her food and have made some of her recipes like this one Croquet Madame with a Twist. Isabelle is a fellow Canadian so maybe that is why I like her so much.. One of these days that I am in Indianapolis visiting my brother I am going to look her up, it would be so much fun to chat over a cup of coffee.. but not about raising chickens :).
10) I have been following Shauna over at The Best Blog Recipes. I joined her facebook page called Daily blog Boost just recently and everyone on the group has been so wonderful... helpful and I have learned something new from each one of you. They have helped me to increase my views here on my blog, my facebook page and also pinterest. It is always great to belong to a great group.
11) Talking about groups, another one I joined not long ago was through Kathe over at Kathe with an E. The group is called Bloggers on Blogger (Blogspot). Right now I am just a fly on the wall, reading others comments and soaking up all I can learn from them but I hope to start being more of a participant in the New Year. Now Kathe has a Saskatchewnanite husband, so she is family you see :). She has a wonderful blog, with recipes, crafts and the most wonderful tablescapes that you can ever envisions. I would love to see inside of her cupboards and see all her dishes...
12) One of the last people on my list, although she should be the first is Melissa from Mel's Cooking. She was one of the bloggers that I first met and my inspiration to start blogging. When I first started she helped me with the ins and outs. Read some of post and gave me tips. I thank her from the bottom of my heart as I am not sure that I would have started this without her inspiration and encouragement.
13) Lastly but again this should be at the top, my inspiration is you, my followers and my readers. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You all give me the courage to continue with your comments here on my blog, my facebook page and on twitter.
Thanks you so much to each one of you for being here, for your support and encouragement. It means a lot to me.
I hope you all have a Blessed New Years.