This and that: National Chocolate Cupcake Day

Friday, October 18, 2013

National Chocolate Cupcake Day

Today is National Chocolate Cupcake Day.  It has to be one of my favorite days... who doesn't like chocolate and cupcakes together.


Today also is my friend Cindy of Cindy's Writing and Recipe Birthday so I am going to send her this virtual Chocolate Cupcake to her.
 Happy Birthday Cindy.


Chocolate Cupcake filled with a surprise and Salted Caramel Frosting
Ingredients:
2 eggs
2 cup white sugar
1 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp soda
3 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa ( I used Fryer Cocoa)
12 Pumpkin Hershey Kisses
Directions:
Preheat oven 350 degrees.
In mixing bowl add sugar and butter.  Beat together. 
Add eggs and beat.
Mix in vanilla.
In separate bowl mix soda, flour and cocoa.  Mix thoroughly.
Line 12-muffin tin with liners.
Add small amount of batter to bottom each cupcake liner.
Add one Pumpkin Hershey Kiss to each liner.
Scoop batter evenly over each Kiss.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Remove cupcakes for tin and cool.

Frost with Salted Caramel Frosting.  

Enjoy.
Need more inspiration to make cupcakes... Here are my Palpitation Cupcakes or head over to our Foodie Friends Friday Cupcake Party and either check out the recipes or link up some of your own cupcake recipes.


Open to US residents only.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.