This and that: Whole 30 ~ Second Week

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Whole 30 ~ Second Week

Whole 30 Program ~ Second Week

Tomorrow I will have done two weeks of the Whole 30 program.  I am not going to lie to you and tell you that I didn't slip, because I did.  But I didn't fall face first into a plate of doughnuts.  So for that I am proud.  The first couple of days for me were the hardest... Everything that I craved were on the no-no list and that list is large or at least it seemed to me.  So what have I ate? Lots of fruits and vegetables and nuts.. Nuts are my life-saver.  
During the day when I am at work, I don't have as much cravings.  I pack my food, usually something with meat for lunch and then an egg to eat as snack and fruit and vegetables to eat when I feeling a little hungry and I always have some nuts.  Nuts are easy to carry around and eat.  
EGGS... I should let my husband become a chicken farmer as I eat eggs every day now.  AND I don't even like eggs.  I have eaten poached eggs between avocado halves, pretending that I have a sandwich.  Eggs with sauteed vegetables, eggs with salsa... EGGS, EGGS, EGGs.   I am even eating them boiled.

Poached egg and salmon in an avocado "bun"
So, the big question is do I feel better?  I do think I have lost some weight.. but this program says not to step on the scale during the 30 days.  My jeans are fitting better and I think my face has thinned down a bit.  So that is good...   But do I have more energy?  I don't think so.  This I am wondering if it could be because I am working days instead of nights.  My routine isn't the same.  I am also working more hours then normal too, but I SHOULD NOT BE THIS TIRED.   Have my aches and pains decreases or are they completely gone?  NO, NO, NO.  Even as I type this my hands are so sore that it is painful to type.  I think my pain is worse now then when I started this program. 
The million dollar question is... Am I going to stay on this.  Yes, I will give it a full 30 days.  Although there are a few things that I won't give up like  french vanilla creamer in my chai.  At home I do use coconut milk and sugar free french vanilla syrup but at work I still use the creamer.  I am sure that if a true "whole 30" person reads this they will tell me that I am not feeling better because of the few thing I slip up on.  I ate 1 cookie in 2 weeks... I think I am doing good, before it would be a half a dozen per day.
I do still crave bread and pizza and cheese and I am not sure that I will ever give those things up. The only grain I have eaten in 2 weeks is 1 cookie and I have had no cheese.. I lived on cheese before.  But I think I am eating healthier and that is the only thing I wanted to do with this program... And oh yeah! Lose WEIGHT.
Fried Egg with sauteed veggies and tomatoes

Cucumber, pepper and red onion salad.
To a healthier me...
Ϡ₡✻   Marlys

(¯`
´¯)
`*.¸.*
✻✿*.¸.* Enjoy your day....`*.¸.*✻✿*.¸.*


 
Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments :

  1. Good for YOU Marlys! I could never do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lois, it does get easier everyday.

      Delete
  2. Good for you. One program you may want to look at is Trim Healthy Mama. I recently finally ordered this book and have now started the plan. For once this makes sense to me and hoping I can adjust. I like that this is made by two women that are moms and their mission is to make good healthy meals that the whole family can enjoy and I just have to provide more things for the kids since they are still growing. Hoping I start feeling good and fnally get rid of some of this weight. ~Ramona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going go to have to look into this Ramona, thanks

      Delete
  3. Since I can't eat gluten I love the idea of the avocado bun! I am so going to try that for breakfast soon :) It sounds like you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The avocado also disguises the egg :)

      Delete

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.