This and that: Fish with Mango- Avocado Salad

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Fish with Mango- Avocado Salad


       Last week I found this recipe on our Foodie Friends Friday Linky Party and made it for dinner that night.  I adapted this recipe from Baking by precious and to find the original link go Here.

                                   Fish with a mango-avocado salad

For Fish:
1 lb white fish
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp Maggi seasoning liquid
1 tsp paprika
salt and pepper to taste.
Marinate fish in last 5 ingredients for 1 hour, place on baking pan and Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until fish is flaky.
For Salad
1 mango, diced
1 avocado diced 
1 kiwi diced
1 roma tomato diced
red onions to taste
3 tbsp orange juice
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp orange peel
3 tbsp olive oil
Dice vegetables and fruit and place in bowl.  In small bowl add last 5 ingredients and mix thoroughly and pour over veggies and fruit.  Let sit for about 20 minutes or so for the flavours to mingle.  Top cooked fish with veg/fruit salad.  
this salad tasted good just by it self..
Oh! So! Yummy
                      til next time <3 <3 <3 Marlys

Links: Food on FridayMango Blog Hop
Photobucket




Granny's Down Home Southern Cooking

9 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. It is today I added some basil and cilantro... Haven't eaten yet but hopefully it will taste good.

      Delete
  2. Lovely salad. It would be great if you linked it in to today's Food on Friday which is collecting salad recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super that you linked this in. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious. I'd love that salsa over fish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... I did make it to put over pork chops but my husband and I both thought it tasted better with fish.

      Delete
  5. Mmmmm, this sounds so delicious! I am so glad that you shared at Fit and Fabulous Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marlys! I don't know if you remember, but the other day I asked for salsa recipes on facebook and you shared this one and one other. I wanted to let you know that I will be linking to them on my post for Grilled Tilapia with Mango Salsa on 5/25. Thanks for sharing, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Mango Avocado salsa in this recipe sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.