This and that: Foodie Friends Friday! Linky Party

Friday, June 29, 2012

Foodie Friends Friday! Linky Party

Foodie Friend Fridays ~~ great friends and great recipes

Friday again and this time I am on holidays.... or vacation as it is said here in the States.  This Friday our group is trying something new and exciting.  It is also new to me and I am hoping that I will be able to figure out what to do.  We are having a linky party and going to share our recipes through this way.  All our members will be host to our party and if you link on one you will link on them all.  I hope you will have fun with this and join our link party.  It is a great way for bloggers to get there blogs out there and notice.  Also with the link going to all the members pages... that is a lot of exposure. 
    This week I am going to feature my own recipe for this linky party:  Spinach-Strawberry Salad with Poppy seed dressing  My strawberry patch has been wonderful this year and we have been able to eat fresh strawberries just about every day... at least the ones that the chipmunks don't get!  I am not sure why they just have to take one bite out of many... It would be so much nicer if they just ate the whole strawberry and left some for me :).  But the ones that they have gotten their chompers in go to the bird feeders so then either the chippies, squirrels or birds can have a feast on my strawberries.... But, anyways here is my recipe:

                               Spinach-Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing


Ingredients:

1/3 cup white sugar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tbsp poppy seed
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used sunflower oil)
1/4 tsp paprika

spinach
arugula
strawberries
dried cranberries
red onions
glazed walnuts

For the dressing mix first 6 ingredients in a bowl until sugar is dissolved.  Let sit for a short bit so the flavors mix.  I let it sit on the counter top for approximately 1/2 hour.  Long enough for me to get some pictures and make the chicken that I had with it.
Combine the last 6 ingredients. These ingredients I just add until I think it is the right amount - use it as a guideline and to your own taste.  Pour dressing onto spinach strawberry mixture or serve separately and let your guest use as much dressing as they would like.
I served this with grill chicken.. I sprinkled thyme, basil and greek seasoning on chicken breasts and grilled on my George Foreman Grill until chicken is cooked thoroughly.

salad with poppy seed dressing on side

strawberry-spinach salad with poppyseed dressing.



 Here is a list of the Foodie Friends Friday members that are involved with the linky party... Please feel free to stop by all and enjoy their pages and their great recipes:


Robin's View
A 'lil Country Sugar
Saucy Girls Kitchen
Passione Per Cucina
Everything In ThevKitchen Sink
What's Cooking in the Burbs
Busy Vegetarian Mom
Cookies Cakes and Bakes
From Calculus to Cupcakes
Cupcakes and Kale Chips
Walking on Sunshine
Cafe Blue Ridge
Chef PickyKid and Me
Family Food Finds
Bringing Pleasure to the Kitchen
Cindy's Recipes and Writings
DJ's Sugar Shack

Also please link up your recipe to this party.  It will give you good exposure as remember if you link up with my blog your recipe will automatically link up with all the member's blogs above.  Here are some of the suggestions we ask you to do when linking up your recipe:

Make sure that anything you link up is:
  • Made by you
  • Not part of a sponsership/sales/giveaway
  • Linked to a specific page of your recipe, not your homepage
Other nice things you can do:
  • Show some love and link back to my blog and Foodie Friend Friday
  • Grab our button and put it on your page and share Foodie Friends Friday!
  • Take some time and check out other submitted links and the blogs of all of our gracious hosts
***Please note that by linking up you are giving permission to use photos/links to post on Foodie Friends Friday Hosts Blogs and/or Foodie Friends Friday.  If phots are used, proper linkbacks will be posted with them.






     




6 comments :

  1. I just know my son would do flips for that strawberry salad. He loves poppy seed dressing!
    YAY! for the linky party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this salad... and most anything with strawberries... I was very impressed with the poppy seed dressing... I took a few recipes and combined them into the taste that I wanted.

      Delete
  2. I want to play! :) I would love to be involved in a group like this, I'm just clueless as to how you do it.
    I love your recipe, it looks fantastic. And especially great in this warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sent you a reply about joining on your facebook page... I hope that you will join, you have some wonderful recipes. thanks for linking a recipe.

      Delete
  3. It looks so delicious! Hope you're having a nice "vacation." Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... I am having a restful vacation... no big plans.

      Delete

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.