This and that: Foodie Friend Fridays - Featuring Brianne of Cupcakes and KaleChips

Friday, June 15, 2012

Foodie Friend Fridays - Featuring Brianne of Cupcakes and KaleChips

    It is Friday again... time to do my Foodie Friends Friday feature.   This week I am featuring Brianne of Cupcakes and Kale Chips.  I first came across Brianne through facebook and her name Cupcake and Kale Chips was intriguing to me, so I had to go over and investigate and I am glad I did.  Her blog is wonderful, she has many great recipes and I hope to be able to try some of them.  Her Chai Tea Smoothie is one that I wanted to try and since yesterday was my birthday, I thought today is the day to make my cup of chai more special and I certainly did by using a recipe from Cupcake and Kale Chip blog.... go here to find it~~~Chai Tea Smoothie.


picture courtesy of Cupcake and Kale Chips
my creation...
      As you know I use recipes as a guide and feel that a recipe should be a creation of your own taste, so I did my own thing to this recipe.  Brianne's recipe is wonderful as is, but I wanted to try and make it my own. I started out with coconut milk, as that was the only milk I had in the house and I used 1/2 cup of it with 1/2 cup of water and I also put in a scoop of ice cream.  Once I mixed it and let it sit to cool off (I put mine in the freezer as didn't want to wait), I added a dash more of nutmeg, cinnamon and cardamen ~ not sure if I just didn't let the chai sit long enough or what but it need more kick for me and adding the spices helped.  Also, the leftovers I put back in the freezer and froze it for a couple of more hours.  When I brought it out I put it back in the blender, blending it until it was smooth and all I can say is YUM!
  She has also added some salad recipes over the last few days and with summer on it's way they are something that I want to give a try...  They look so colourful and delicious and her pictures make it so that you want to eat them off the page... so, so yummy. 

picture courtesy of Cupcakes and Kale Chips 
Don't you feel like you could just pick up that fork and enjoying a great summery salad?  Find this recipe Here

picture courtesy of Cupcakes and Kale Chips
                                         Find this recipe Here.
     Summer is coming and we all need some great recipes to try and impress our guest with and what could be better then a smoothie and salads to get your summer going.... So jump right over to Cupcakes and Kale Chips for some great recipes and let her know that I sent you.
      Although it is not summer here today, I think I am going to go and make another Chai Tea Smoothie... they are so yummy and the flavor is out this world.   Til next.... <3 <3 <3  Marlys.


6 comments :

  1. Thanks for your kind words. You version of the smoothie sounds great. I bet the coconut milk taste great, and ice cream makes anything better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome... I love your page and hope to spend some time checking things out when time is better.

      Delete
  2. Happy belated birthday. I agree with you that each recipe should get personalized to your own taste buds. I like your spin on the two recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellen B Cookery... I only made the chai and not the salad... Both Salad pictures are from Brianne @ Cupcakes and Kale Chips... I need to put that in I guess... Thanks for the birthday greetings.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks... I received these glasses for my 40th birthday from my sisters..

      Delete

Please stop for a moment and leave a comment to let me know you have been here. I love reading all your comments.

I am sorry but I cannot accept Anonymous comments anymore as I am getting too many spam. I hope that you will comment with an ID user. Thanks for understanding.

I will not be accepting comments that have links on them. I will not delete them but because of google's stance on links I do not want to have any problems with my blog. Thank you for your understanding.